Sunday, April 5, 2009

Chili's-La Verne-April 4, saturday

Another weekend approaches, and after a long week of work, Mike and I are ready to eat out. We have exactly $135 dollars worth of gift cards left(thanks to Mikey's Discover points) to use in support of our eating/blogging endeavors.
We chose Chili's, but opted for a new location, La Verne.
Our overall experience here would have to be described as fair.
While our server was pleasant and our drinks came out in time, small mishaps and a general feeling of 'rather not be here' exuded from her actions.
I ordered the BBQ ribs, which I thoroughly enjoyed last time, but chose different sides for a change of pace.
Chilis-La Verne-Mikey's plain burger
My fries were on the cold side, and I was given pinto beans in a salsa mix instead of baked beans. Simple mistake, yes, but one that can throw off the entire meal.
One thing that was pleasing were our drinks. Mikey ordered a tasty Presidente margarita, that you self pour from a shaker, and I tried a new beer which hit the spot.
I had my eye on the dessert menu, but when our server dropped the check silently, mid-meal, I decided that I had had enough of an experience there, and that I would more likely enjoy a dessert elsewhere.
Goes to show, by neglecting simple issues that arise, one can really create a worse experience for the customer that he/she had intended.

No comments: