Saturday, March 21, 2009

Barragans-Echo Park-March 16 wed.

After our evening out in Silverlake (see last post) Mike and I realized how much we missed dining out near Los Angeles. There seems to be more variety when it comes to restaurants- less chains and more unique environments and ambiences.
So we met up with some friends in Echo Park at Barragans, a mexican restaurant on its Margarita night ($2.50 each!).
Barragans-Echo Park
The food was delicious--filling, warm, and there was a lot of variety on the menu. Surprisingly, the margaritas were very tasty as well, small, but got the job done :) The ambiance was great too. Free fresh chips and salsa, large, comfortable booths, a bar, upstairs patio, and friendly service. There was even some dance music playing in the other room, so I think I will come back on an evening when I can have a few more drinks and partake in some dancing!
Mostly, it was great to catch up with some old friends in our old area. I am looking forward to having a place nearer to the city so that I may partake in that environment more often, and of course discover some more unique places to dine out!
Barragans-Echo Park

No comments: